Friday, January 1, 2010

1 day, one ornament


Happy New Year! It would have been better if NU pulled one out in the Outback Bowl, but a great game regardless.

I finished my first ornament today! Joy by Lizzie Kate. I was done stitching it by the end of the Outback Bowl and decided to finish it right away. Some observations...

1. Oval shaped ornaments are difficult to shape right
2. I should have the fabric cut down to fit into a hoop
3. I need better mounting board

I would give this first ornament a B-. It could be shaped and mounted a little better, but the trim looks great on it so that helps with the overall look. I used some of the red felt for the backing and some of the ribbon I bought yesterday from Vogue (need to get more ribbon).

So I'm on the lookout for mounting board. We might go to a movie tomorrow and if so there's an art store - I can pop in and see if they have any.

Here's to a Happy (and productive) New Year! I'm ready to watch the Rose Bowl and veg out now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment