Monday, December 28, 2009

Ordering Supplies

Update: So the internet is back and I’m looking through my inventory to see what I need for the first four ornaments.

Joy – for the cross-stitch part I need nothing! It calls for 32-count Toasted Almond linen, which I actually have a piece of, and 4 Weeks Dye Works colors that I don’t even need to look up that I have, since I just did the 2009 Lizzie Kate Santa that uses the same colors.

Walt the Malt – I have the natural linen. I don’t have some of the Sampler colors but can substitute with DMC or a match to another hand-dyed color. I don’t have the buttons, but I have a $20 gift certificate so can order them and probably won’t cost anything.

Snow Merry – can use some of my natural-color fabric. This mostly uses DMC and no surprise I have a lot of it. It also calls for a snowflake charm from Homespun Elegance – now, I know I bought a winter charm pack from them, but of course I can’t find it so I’m not sure if I have another snowflake charm. So I might need to buy another charm or pack.


Plaid Greetings
– This one calls for Winter Sky Linen from Lakeside Linens and I thought I would use another blue fabric from R&R but it’s kind of dark. So I might need to order a light-blue fabric. I will need to order Garnet from Weeks Dye Works. I have Mill Hill gold beads, but need to order a small red star from JABC.

So I went to 123Stitch.com and ordered the Garnet from Weeks and 32 count Lavender Bliss Belfast Linen – enough to make another ornament. I also swapped out the Homespun charm for Mill Hill Treasures charms, and was able to get the red star for Plaid Greetings. Total Cost: $17.59.

I will also place my order for the Walt buttons with Shakespeare’s Peddler – again should be free.

So average of about $4.50 for each ornament, before trim and finishing. Not too bad.

The first ornament up will be Joy since it’s only 4 colors and no embellishments. Might work on it New Year’s Day since my husband will be playing Dungeons and Dragons….

No comments:

Post a Comment